International Host/essJob Description
· Acts as host (ess) and liaison for French- / German- / Japanese- / Spanish-speaking passengers.
· Assists with Entertainment Staff duties.
· Translates Daily Programs, menus and sundry passenger information.
· Staffs a reception/hospitality desk, dealing with all inquiries for non-English-speaking guests.
· Translates speeches and announcements.
· Delivers lectures embarkation- , disembarkation procedures etc.
· Conducts foreign languages lessons for English-speaking passengers, ("German for beginners" etc.)
· Socialises with passengers, particularly in the evening.
· Fluency in English, both written and spoken as well as two of the following languages: German, French, Spanish and Japanese.
· A good working knowledge of gastronomic terminology.
· A pleasant speaking voice and good microphone technique.
· Computer literacy (at present using PC based Words for Windows programs).
· An outgoing personality and good conversational skills.
· Immaculate appearance.
· Strong Presentation skills